Project files are available for download in multiple file formats.
- Full Unity projects, which can be opened in the Unity game engine. Please note that the fisheye camera rig and some other features require Unity Pro.
- Compiled apps, for both OS X and Windows. Performance of these apps, including framerate, may be limited by your computer processor or its graphics card. Try a lower quality setting (available in the splash screen) if you have any problems running these apps.
- Webplayer versions. These will run in a browser, but if you do not have the Unity webplayer plug-in, you will be prompted for it.
All of the project file examples have been updated to run in Unity 3.5. Some of the samples are free-running animations. Others allow navigation through the 3D environment, using typical game controls of the WASD keys and the direction arrows. A mouselook feature may also be employed, allowing the viewer to look around and tilt up and down in the space.
The "Women Who Change the World" samples are recreations of a real life mural project, painted by local women artists on the tenement walls of a community garden.
Version 1 of the mural samples includes an animated girl figure, acquired from Mixamo, which can be navigated through the scene using WASD keys, and the mouse to orbit around the figure.
Versions 2 and 3 are a simplified approach, designed as a virtual gallery tool for other producers to use with their own murals or posters. They use an iTween-based camera tracking system to move the viewer from mural to mural.
The last fireworks sample is a study of a new Unity feature (the Shuriken particle system) and a celebration of the potential for creating inspiring work in the dome.
- Basic fisheye camera demo (modified Paul Bourke example)
- Emily's House (NEA "The Big Read" project on Emily Dickinson)
- UFO/Sci-Girls study (demo of iTween camera tracking, cloth physics, Maya vase recreation)
- Project: https://s3.amazonaws.com/domebase/UFOMG_Project.zip
- App, OS X: https://s3.amazonaws.com/domebase/UFOMG_Mac.app.zip
- App, OS X, (Fisheye): https://s3.amazonaws.com/domebase/UFOMG_Fisheye_Mac.app.zip
- App, Windows: https://s3.amazonaws.com/domebase/UFOMG_PC.zip
- App, Windows (Fisheye): https://s3.amazonaws.com/domebase/UFOMG_Fisheye_Windows.zip
- Webplayer: https://s3.amazonaws.com/domebase/UFOMG_Fisheye_web/UFOMG_Fisheye_web.html
- Moonflower Animation (demo of ZBrush generated "flower", animated with NASA moon data and images)
- History Jam (New York waterfront, clipper ship, ironclads, tenements, plus Maya pyramid)
- Women Who Change the World, mural garden v1 (third person girl character)
- Women Who Change the World, mural garden v2 (simplified, with camera track navigation, non-fisheye, click mural for info panel)
- Project: https://s3.amazonaws.com/domebase/MuralPanelsOnly_Project.zip
- App, OS X: https://s3.amazonaws.com/domebase/MuralGardenV2_Mac.app.zip
- App, Windows: https://s3.amazonaws.com/domebase/MuralGardenV2_Windows.zip
- Webplayer: https://s3.amazonaws.com/domebase/MuralGardenV2_Web2/MuralGardenV2_Web2.html
- Women Who Change the World, mural garden v3 (simplified, fisheye)
- Project: (same as Mural Garden V2)
- App, OS X: https://s3.amazonaws.com/domebase/MuralGardenV3_Mac.app.zip
- App, Windows: https://s3.amazonaws.com/domebase/MuralGardenV3_Windows.zip
- Webplayer: https://s3.amazonaws.com/domebase/MuralGardenV3_Web2/MuralGardenV3_Web2.html